MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to General Development
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
javaariel
Post subject: The example on demand website doesn't work behind firewall  PostPosted: Oct 31, 2007 - 03:50 AM

Hi:
I want to report that the example on demand website doesn't work behind a firewall, I can access to http://www.examplesondemand.com/eod/eod.htm but when I want to view the source code of the examples it redirect me to http://examples.myeclipseide.com:8001/viewvc/Struts13CookbookExample/ and of course doesn't work, Then How Can I download the examples on demand ?

greetings
Ariel

Reply with quote Back to top
support-greg
Post subject: RE: The example on demand website doesn  PostPosted: Oct 31, 2007 - 10:49 AM

Ariel,

Sorry you are having troubles. We are planning on making the source code viewable from another port besides 8001, but this is just a short term solution. We are also going to make them available as downloadable zip files.

The best way now to get access to the source code is to download it directly from MyEclipse using the Examples On-Demand Browser.

1. Update to MyEclipse 6.0.1
2. Open Examples On-Demand browser (MyEclipse > Examples On-Demand...) and then scroll and click to install the struts13CookbookExample

However, if because you are behind a firewall you can't access the project (you will get an error message), You won't be able to install the projects through EOD Browser.

Let me know if this is indeed the case for you. We are working on providing an alternate way of installing the projects without using the EOD Browser.

Thanks

javaariel
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 31, 2007 - 02:30 PM

Neither the My eclipse way nor the website way work for me, That is because I am behind a firewall and a proxy.
Please let me know if I can download the examples from another way.
Thanls in advanced.
Ariel

support-greg
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 31, 2007 - 09:03 PM

Ariel,

The View Source link has now been fixed. So you can go to that project on the examplesondemand.com site now and view the source. We have removed that special port and now it can be accessed normally over port 80.

Also, we now have a way for you to access the projects in the EOD repository from MyEclipse.
1. Make sure you have opened the EOD browser once
2. Go to Window > Show View > Team > CVS Repositories
3. You should see an entry called "MyEclipse Examples", right-click it and choose properties
4. Where "Use default port" is selected, change that to "Use port" and set "443" as the value
5. Hit OK
6. Expand the HEAD node under MyEclipse Examples. You may have to refresh the Myeclipse Examples node once.
7. Now from the list of projects, find the one you are interested it, right-click it and choose "Check out"

That's it. That will download the project and install it into your workspace. Hope this helps.

javaariel
Post subject: I have seen  PostPosted: Nov 01, 2007 - 08:26 PM

I have seen the view Source Code link has now been fixed. So I can go to that project on the examplesondemand.com site now and view the source, good work !!! but as you say the way to download the projects is from myeclipse repositories, I have changed the cvs client repositories default port to 443 as you say but the eod browser seems to broken because I canĀ“t check out the projects I received an Exception.
Please notify me if in fact the eod browser is out of order.
Greetings
Thanks for your help.

support-greg
Post subject: RE: I have seen  PostPosted: Nov 01, 2007 - 08:28 PM

We just posted a HOWTO for firewall users. Give it a try and see what happens.

http://www.examplesondemand.com/firewall.jsp

Let us know if this works. Basically you have to do the 443 port workaround but you still can't use the EOD browser. But you can checkout the projects manually, as this document about shows.

javaariel
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 01, 2007 - 10:27 PM

When I do all the instructions you say in your guide I get this exception: socks exception read timeout.
I have attached the image with the error.
I don't know why it doesn't work. Is the remote repository available now ?
Greetings.

support-greg
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 01, 2007 - 10:38 PM

We will have to raise the white flag on this one. Your firewall is sniffing traffic to make sure it is really https traffic which ours isn't.

So the only recourse we have now is to make the project source available as zip download. This option hasn't been made available yet and I'm not sure of its status. I'll update you if I find out anything.

Sorry we couldn't get it working. The only chance now for you to see this thing working is to try it at a different location like at home.

javaariel
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 02, 2007 - 02:42 PM

OK. Thanks anyway for your help.
I hope I could get the examples soon.

warrenthebrown
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 12, 2007 - 10:10 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I too have the same problem, even with the port 443 work around. These (EOD) seem like useful items, so I also would be interested in an alternate method to obtain them asap.

Thank you.

bkh33al
Post subject: Examples on Demand connection refused  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2008 - 07:09 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Hello,

I am having trouble to install the examples from the EOD. I get an error message saying connection refused. I am not a seasoned professional like every one else here and am doing this as a hobby. Can you please tell me if this is a known problem or if I am doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance

support-greg
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 22, 2008 - 04:27 PM

This could be a firewall issue. Are you doing this from home or work? Also are you able to view the source on the examples?

rforraj
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2008 - 01:53 PM

I have the same problem with EOD browser . As I am running behind firewall I have changed the port number to 443 and I got the following error which attached in image .
" Can not locate host : examples.myeclipseide.com "

Please help me in downloading example projects in to MyEclipse.

Thanks in Advance,
Raj.

defiant42
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2008 - 07:54 PM

Any update on having the examplesondemand available for manual download? I too, am behind a firewall, and have tried the work-around of setting the port to 443, and our firewall still clobbers it.

Thanks In Advance!

Eric

rmcvay
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 15, 2008 - 03:46 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

This is still a no go proposition. Could you please zip the whole EOD repository and make that available for download? This is never going to work as-is for your customers in medium to large businesses.

Jump to: