MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to General Development
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
moreinforequired
Post subject: How to line Wrap/Word Wrap in the Text Editor?  PostPosted: Jan 03, 2008 - 09:24 PM

I could not see any way to do that. Also, if we could set the line length, then the Editor would do it by itself. But I don't see that as well. Either would be a nice feature. Please let me know if there is a way to do it.

Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
support-nipun
Post subject: RE: How to line Wrap/Word Wrap in the Text Editor?  PostPosted: Jan 04, 2008 - 03:41 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

You can go to Windows > Preferences > Java > Code Style > Formatter > Edit > Line Wrapping and set it but this is something that is not working at that moment. It is an eclipse bug which the eclipse team would be resolving in their next release. We will stay on top of this and get this to work with MyEclipse as soon as its gets fixed in Eclipse. Sorry for the inconvenience.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=35779

moreinforequired
Post subject: RE: How to line Wrap/Word Wrap in the Text Editor?  PostPosted: Jan 08, 2008 - 08:21 PM

I am not sure what you are talking about. There is no Java option in the preferences of the SNAP Text Editor. Looks like you are confusing this with the MyEclipse Java Editor. I thought the SNAP editor is your product and has nothing to do with Eclipse. So in that case you should fix it and release the bug fix soon. Let me know if my thinking is incorrect. Here is what the about tab says:

MyEclipse Text Editor
Version: 6.0.0 GA
Build id: 6.0.0-GA-200708
(c) Copyright Genuitec, LLC and others 2000, 2007. All rights reserved.
Visit http://www.myeclipseide.com

Thanks

support-nipun
Post subject: RE: How to line Wrap/Word Wrap in the Text Editor?  PostPosted: Jan 09, 2008 - 10:09 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Im sorry I misunderstood the question. I though you were referring to the MyEclipse Java Editor. We dont have the line/word wrap feature in the SNAP text editor at the moment. But i'll note this down as a feature request.

piforest
Post subject: Word Wrap Feature  PostPosted: Mar 04, 2012 - 04:34 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

You may try the com.ahtik.wordwrap feature which URL is :
http://ahtik.com/eclipse-update/
I use it for a while now in every Eclipse deployment
* from Eclipse
* from Zend
* from MyEclipse

It is very convenient to be able to view a file with no horizontal scrolling even if you dont want to edit it in that mode.

Jump to: