MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to General Development
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
doorisys
Post subject: Non visual elements in design mode not displayed correctly  PostPosted: Mar 13, 2008 - 04:29 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I installed myeclipse 6.0.1 GA full install with Windows XP SP2.

According to the html designer tutorial, Visual design of JSP documents using the JSP Web Designer differs from HTML page design in that:
3. Visual artifacts for JSP scripting elements such as declarations, expressions, and scriptlets and non-visual JSP tags are optionally displayed inline with JSP, Struts and JSF UI controls. These artifacts can be manipulated much like UI controls in the design canvas.
Non-visual elements are displayed in outer dimmed grey box mixed with visual elements in figure.

But, When I code scriptlets in .jsp, in design mode the code is displayed like a simple html text!
Like this:

[Design Mode]
This is my JSP page.
out.println("Hello");

[Source Mode]
<body>
This is my JSP page.<br>
<% out.println("Hell"); %>
</body>

No outer dimmed grey box!

What happend? Is this a known bug? or Any hidden option to show/hide non visual element?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply with quote Back to top
support-nipun
Post subject: RE: Non visual elements in design mode not displayed correct  PostPosted: Mar 14, 2008 - 12:45 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: