MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to General Development
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shahzadrah25@hotmail.com
Post subject: Could not install example project  PostPosted: Apr 08, 2009 - 02:24 PM

Hi,

When I click on 'Install Project'. I get an error 'Could not install example project'.

I then go through the instructions 'Examples On-Demand - Firewall Issues' I get an error as
'Error fetching resource list from repository
Reason ' Could not connect to
:pserver:annonymous@examples.myeclipseside.com:443/home/cvs/public/myeclipse/examples could not connect to host connection refused: connect '

Could someone please help me with this.

Reply with quote Back to top
rmcvay
Post subject: RE: Could not install example project  PostPosted: Apr 08, 2009 - 03:55 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

In general EOD through firewalls just doesn't work. I don't think their CVS server is really listening on 443.

germio
Post subject: RE: Could not install example project  PostPosted: Jun 02, 2010 - 04:03 PM

SO whats the solution Guys

support-joy
Post subject: RE: Could not install example project  PostPosted: Jun 07, 2010 - 11:42 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Guys,

Can you answer couple of questions -

1. What is your OS and version?
2. What is the MyEclipse version you are using?
3. Can you copy and paste your installation details? Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.
4. Are you behind firewall / proxy? If yes, can you set up your proxy details here - Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections and restart your IDE
5. Can you try this alternative - Click on Window > Open Perspective > Other > CVS Repositiory Exploring. This will open the CVS Repository window . Expand MyEclipse Example > Head. Right click on any example project and click on [Check Out]. This will check out the project to your project explorer. Please read README.txt.
6. You can also visit http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-7.html as some of the sample projects are part of the tutorials

Let me know how this works for you.

Jump to: