MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to Feature Requests
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lrm
Post subject: Database driver suggestion  PostPosted: Jan 31, 2010 - 11:41 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Just getting back into Spring development and am really excited about the new MyEclipse release.

I had a little trouble getting the Spring plugin to work. After a fresh install of Windows 7, MyEclipse 8.0 and the Spring plugin I am off an running. Building an app from the included database was a breeze.

I built an app from a MySQL database. When creating the initial connection I of course had to specify the jar file for the database driver (MySQL Connect/J). When I tryed to run the app it didn't work. After a little investigation I realized that the db driver jar was missing from the app classpath. Easy to fix. Just copy it into the library.

1) Maybe this will help the next person.

2) Maybe it is worth considering having the scaffolding code import the db driver jar file when scaffolding from an existing database connection. Just a thought.

Thanks for all the hard work on this product.

LeRoy

Reply with quote Back to top
davemeurer
Post subject: RE: Database driver suggestion  PostPosted: Feb 01, 2010 - 02:50 PM

Thanks for your suggestion LeRoy. Keep them coming! I'm moving this to the Feature Requests section in MyEclipse for Spring forum.
-Dave

gvaras@innovaticorp.com
Post subject: RE: Database driver suggestion  PostPosted: Apr 07, 2010 - 05:22 AM

I had the same problem that Irm, and I agree on the same points. It would be more intuitive for new users if the connection driver is being imported into the process of scafolding.

Best Regards,
Gerald

Jump to: