New workspace with Java 1.7.0_02. Text file encoding: UTF-8
Apache Tomcat 7.0.23 using Java 1.7.0_02
Checked out my main web application project and its dependant projects from subversion. The web application project is not at this point enabled with MyEclipse Reports
Implementing a test report
Intention: testreport with one parameter to the WHERE-clause and enabled sorting of one of three columns ASC and DESC. Now following the directions in http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/reporting/quickstart/
[list=]1. Adding Report Capabilities to my web project called PigFo
2. Creating a new report using Report-wizard:
3. Report file semenboars.rptdesign. Also generating sample report access webpage.
4. Choosing blank report.
5. Report access web page: reportSemenboars.jsp as «An embedded report viewer [JSP Tag]». HTML display format. Also checking «Use advanced report viewer» and «Occupy the entire page»
6. After «Finish», MyEclipse Report Design Perspective opens
7. Creating Data Source called PROD using Oracle Thin driver to our company's database. Connects successfully
8. Creating a dataset called semenboars using PROD data source
9. First trying a query without parameters: select a.animal_id, a.herd_no, a.ear_no, s.avlsnr, s.navn, s.semin_inn, s.semin_ut from ban_animal a, ban_breeding_animal ba, seminraane s where a.animal_id = ba.animal_id and ba.herdbook_no = s.avlsnr
10. Changing data types from «Decimal» to «Integer» for animal_id, herd_no, ear_no and herdbook_no (I do not know why the Designer types these as Decimal in the first place)
11. Previewing result in «Edit data set» box looks good
12. Dragging the semenboars dataset to the layout makes the table. Previeweing the layout looks good regarding the data, however looks bad regarding layout (haven't applied some styles yet... :)). All good for now
13. Mapping everything in Spring to get the report up in a new page.
14. When running the report in PigFo everything looks good for now
15. Now I will add a Where-parameter
16. Adding a parameter in the query in the «Edit Data Set» box: and herd_no = ?
17. Adding the parameter in «Edit Data Set» linked to a ListBox with three static Value/Display Text lines. The parameter list is called paramHerds. Data type is Integer
18. In Property Editor – Data Set Parameter Binding I bind the herd_no parameter to paramHerds value
19. When running Preview from the Latout in MyEclipse Report Design Perspective everything works as expected. When selecting different herd numbers in the parameter input the report renders for the selected herd. All well.
20. Now trying my web application.
21. First run: I select one of the values in the dropdown list and the report displays correctly
22. Rerunning in the same «MyEclipse Report Viewer», selecting another value from the input dropdown. The same report as first run is shown, which is the same behaviour as the initial message in this thread. Also when I try to run it a third time, the value selected for the input in second run is exchanged with the value selected from the first run. That is, the list in the dropdown box is altered[/list]
I did not reach the sorting problem this time. Now the parameter problem occurred again, this time without a lousy sql. Also, the parameter list was changed. I have compared the report setup with the previous mentioned report where parameters work but sorting don't, and I cannot find any differences regarding the WHERE-parameter. It seems like there are some bugs here. I think I cannot use this in a production environment. I think I give up this and try the Engine API instead.