MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to General Development
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kfreeman
Post subject: autocomplete javascript libraries?  PostPosted: Jan 20, 2011 - 06:32 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Hello,

I'm using the ext-js javascript library for development of html and javascript. When I edit html or javascript in Myeclipse's Javascript editor, it will autocomplete the built-in javascript variables & functions, but not the ones from the ext-js .js files, except for those already referenced in the file; for these it displays "Warning inferred member" in the tooltip box.

I've tried adding the ext-js .js files to the java build path, and as a "User Library" in the MyEclipse->Javascript Build Path, and directly in the WebRoot folder of the project, with no change in behvior. (I test it on the ext-js global variable Ext).

So, is the javascript editor supposed to support auto-complete of 3rd-party javascript libraries? If so, how do I get it to work.

Thanks.

Reply with quote Back to top
kfreeman
Post subject: RE: autocomplete javascript libraries?  PostPosted: Jan 22, 2011 - 10:09 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Note that I'm using myeclipse 8.6.1 on linux 64-bit. Maybe the javascript editor is still under development?

support-joy
Post subject: RE: autocomplete javascript libraries?  PostPosted: Jan 24, 2011 - 09:09 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

kfreeman,

I have tried ext-js javascript lib and I see the issue reported by you on 8.6. This is fixed in the upcoming 9.0M2 release. It is due sometime this week. Please keep a lookout for the same on the downloads page.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

dearanil9
Post subject: Re: RE: autocomplete javascript libraries?  PostPosted: Nov 11, 2011 - 07:10 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I am using MyEclipse 9.1, I have tried above methods to setup Ext JS 4.0.7, Editor still does not display anything on "Ctrl+Space".

Can you please provide exact steps to setup Ext JS in MyEclipse 9.1/10 ???

Thanks,
Anil G

support-joy wrote:
kfreeman,

I have tried ext-js javascript lib and I see the issue reported by you on 8.6. This is fixed in the upcoming 9.0M2 release. It is due sometime this week. Please keep a lookout for the same on the downloads page.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

support-tony
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2011 - 11:13 AM

Anil,

I've responded on your other forum topic.

Jump to: