MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shinank
Post subject: Birt 2.6.1  PostPosted: Feb 07, 2011 - 03:56 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I manually added Birt 2.6.1 to a Myeclipse for Spring project. Everything is working fine (compiles and runs as expected) but I have errors on the birt viewer's jsp pages. The error is:

Description Resource Path Location Type
attributeBean cannot be resolved CheckboxParameterFragment.jsp /project/WebRoot/webcontent/birt/pages/parameter line 26 JSP Problem

What can I do to get rid of this error? It is mostly a nuisance.

TIA,
Shinan

Reply with quote Back to top
support-joy
Post subject: RE: Birt 2.6.1  PostPosted: Feb 07, 2011 - 08:54 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Shinan,

Please investigate attributeBean under CheckboxParameterFragment.jsp Can you check the value of attributeBean?
Quote:

Description Resource Path Location Type
attributeBean cannot be resolved CheckboxParameterFragment.jsp /project/WebRoot/webcontent/birt/pages/parameter line 26 JSP Problem

shinank
Post subject: RE: Birt 2.6.1  PostPosted: Feb 07, 2011 - 02:36 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

How do i check the value of the attribute bean?

shinank
Post subject: RE: Birt 2.6.1  PostPosted: Feb 07, 2011 - 03:05 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I figured out the solution: Even though the Birt 2.6.1 jar files were already in my WEB-INF/libs folder I had to add them to the Project "Build Path".

Is there a way to add a folder (ie my WEB-INF/libs) to the build path instead of having to specify each jar file?

support-joy
Post subject: RE: Birt 2.6.1  PostPosted: Feb 17, 2011 - 10:56 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

To add a folder which contains jar files, go to - Project build path > Libraries tab > Click on 'Add External class folder' and select the location where the folder contains all the jars and select ok.
If you add jar files to Web-INF/lib folder then it automatically gets added to project build path. In case you add jar files to web-INF/lib/Sample folder then you need to add the jar files to project build path as mentioned above.

shinank
Post subject: Re: RE: Birt 2.6.1  PostPosted: Feb 17, 2011 - 11:07 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

support-joy wrote:
To add a folder which contains jar files, go to - Project build path > Libraries tab > Click on 'Add External class folder' and select the location where the folder contains all the jars and select ok.
If you add jar files to Web-INF/lib folder then it automatically gets added to project build path. In case you add jar files to web-INF/lib/Sample folder then you need to add the jar files to project build path as mentioned above.

Hi Joy,
I find that is not the case. I had added jar files to Web-INF/lib and unless I manually added each jar file to the project build path, I had problems with the project not knowing those jar files were there.

support-joy
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Birt 2.6.1  PostPosted: Feb 22, 2011 - 09:38 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

shinank,

I am afraid, I cannot replicate this issue. Can you attach screenshots which will help me get a visual. And also clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, next replicate this issue and copy and paste relevant details of your .log here. Can you mention the exact steps taken by you? Please see the attached screenshots

Jump to: