MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to General Development
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jamestthomas
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 16, 2011 - 03:20 PM

Windows XP service pack 3

Reply with quote Back to top
jamestthomas
Post subject: Tutorial Update - Need Advice  PostPosted: Aug 16, 2011 - 05:40 PM

My issue has become a problem for us. It would seem the tutorial for Installing WebSphere 6.1, Jax-WS, EJB 3.0 and updates was good when it came out. WebSphere 6.1 is now up to fix pak 37 I believe. As I said, we use Oracle 11g and must have 6.1.0.29 in order to run with that version of Oracle. The tutorial is referencing no update after 13. The file referenced as 6.1.0-WS-WASWebSvc-WinX32-FP0000013.pak is not available and yet it is required in the tutorial. Our company has purchased 6 licenses with the possibility of more but I need to get this to create and run JAX-WS web services using WebSphere 6.1. We are updating WebSphere next year but we have to run until then. I think it is a serious problem to reference older fix paks, some of which may not be available. Please either tell me where to find 6.1.0-WS-WASWebSvc-WinX32-FP0000013.pak or tell me if I can use a newer version of that file. Very much in anticipation here. James Thomas

jamestthomas
Post subject: I have found the file - thanks to Twitter  PostPosted: Aug 17, 2011 - 04:11 PM

I have found the files. 6.1.0-WS-WASWebSvc-WinX32-FP0000013.pak is very hard to find. The page http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg27007951#61013 led to all fixes. A search on the file name in IBM or online does not come up with much. I am going to redo using 13 and if that works, redo using fix pack 29. I will let you know how this goes. Your tutorial should be more explicit in how to get these files.

support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 18, 2011 - 06:22 AM

jamestthomas ,

I will convey your suggestions to the team about the tutorial.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Let me know how it works for you.

jemzbond
Post subject: thanks  PostPosted: Mar 20, 2012 - 02:51 AM

thanks for the details. i really needed

Jump to: