facebook

Import existing maven project – where did it go?!

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

copyrightwitness
    Participant

Hi Folks,

We used to import existing maven projects into myeclipse (certainly under 8.5). I cannot remember if I did this under 9.0 – i may have – but after a recent update to 9.1 we cannot.
    There is simply no option for this.

Having just checked out a copy of gwt-dispatch (a maven proect) I cannot import it into my workspace to browse it – given the number of open-source projects I work with – and much a maven based – along with the company’s build systems being maven based this means we cannot get any projects into the workspace unless they already have eclipse bindings.

One work around is to do

mvn eclipse:eclipse

and then import and existing project – but where did the functionality we did have go?

Any ideas?
    Cheers,
    Barry

#318697 Reply

support-swapna

copyrightwitness ,

Go to “Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Maven4MyEclipse > Maven” settings tab.
    You have to check the box titled “Support multiple Maven modules mapped to a single Eclipse workspace project” . Now you will be able to choose “Import > Maven4MyEclipse > Existing Maven Projects”.

Let us know if you see any issues.

#318744 Reply

copyrightwitness
    Participant

Thanks. Tried that after searching on other posts here but no success.

Do I need to try an install from scratch?

Also right clicking on a maven dependency ‘show dependency hierarchy’ doesnt do anything – it used to show a really good version dependency/conflict screen – but it does now.

Again is this caused by updating?

#318752 Reply

To activate the import of Maven Project under ME 9.0 and 9.1 please go to Preferences->General->Capabilities-Advanced->MyEclipse Standard Tools and then please activate m2eclipse Extras. After activation the extra functionalities like Maven import schould be available.

#322584 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

@support-tomasz wrote:

To activate the import of Maven Project under ME 9.0 and 9.1 please go to Preferences->General->Capabilities-Advanced->MyEclipse Standard Tools and then please activate m2eclipse Extras. After activation the extra functionalities like Maven import schould be available.

Where is this under MyEclipse 10.1
    (I have looked under General->capabilities->advanced and all the parts that mention maven are ticked on)

I have had to resort to using base Eclipse as when I checkout a project:
    1. All the files are marked as invalid.
    2. I can’t set it to be a maven project.

When I use basic eclipse:
    1. I just convert to Maven project
    2. Maven->Update project configuration (as the build configuration is in the Pom enclosed in the project)
    and that’s it…

We simply cannot check in any eclipse files…

There are quite a few posts about this and none seem to have the answer.

As it happens I don’t even HAVE a Maven4MyEclipse menuoption unless I bring the menu up over the POM.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #322596 Reply

support-swapna

balanceofpower,

In MyEclipse 10 there is no need to enable the m2eclipse extras to get the option for importing the maven projects.If you are trying to import existing maven projects, the option is available under Maven4MyEclipse , in the import selection screen.

If you are trying to checkout maven projects from SCM then please take a look at this FAQ on how to install the SCM connector :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/maven-how-to-install-maven-scm-connectors/

Let us know how it works for you.

#322597 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

@support-swapna wrote:

balanceofpower,

In MyEclipse 10 there is no need to enable the m2eclipse extras to get the option for importing the maven projects.If you are trying to import existing maven projects, the option is available under Maven4MyEclipse , in the import selection screen.

If you are trying to checkout maven projects from SCM then please take a look at this FAQ on how to install the SCM connector :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/maven-how-to-install-maven-scm-connectors/

Let us know how it works for you.

I am using 10.1 as per the description I supplied above.

There is nothing to turn on as per the description I supplied above.

It’s not an existing maven project as per the description I supplied above.

There was absolutely no mention of SCM (whatever that is) in the description I supplied above.

I am not trying to checkout an existing maven project as as per the description I supplied above.

I appologise if I was not very clear.

#322684 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

Any update on this?

#322687 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant
    #322688 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

Grrrr…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #322712 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

balanceofpower,

Sorry for the delay.

The maven SCM connectors require the appropriate SCM (software configuration management, such as SVN) plug-in to install. It looks like you’re missing the subclipse plug-in itself. The connectors connect the maven tooling to the appropriate SCM plug-in.

So, if you install MyEclipse 10, you already have the ability to checkout Maven projects (via Import->Maven4MyEclipse->Checkout Maven projects from SCM). However, you need to install the subclipse plug-in and the maven SCM connector to be able to use that functionality.

By the way, there is no MyEclipse 10.1 available yet. Were you referring to 10.0.1 or 9.1?

#329564 Reply

tarunika

I am trying to import maven project with subversion. It is giving the below error

SVN: ‘0x00400006: Validate Repository Location’ operation finished with error: Selected SVN connector library is not available or cannot be loaded.
    If you selected native JavaHL connector, please check if binaries are available or install and select pure Java Subversion connector from the plug-in connectors update site.
    If connectors already installed then you can change the selected one at: Window->Preferences->Team->SVN->SVN Connector.
    Selected SVN connector library is not available or cannot be loaded.
    If you selected native JavaHL connector, please check if binaries are available or install and select pure Java Subversion connector from the plug-in connectors update site.
    If connectors already installed then you can change the selected one at: Window->Preferences->Team->SVN->SVN Connector.

#329585 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

tarunika,

Please follow the advice in the message.

In particular, the native JavaHL connector may not work in some setups though the Pure Java connector should work in all setups as it is just Java code. Go to the place indicated in the last line of the message and change to a different connector. If another connector is not shown, you will need to add the Pure Java SVNKit plug-in (it was one of the associated plug-ins that was offered when you installed subclipse.

If you need more assistance with installing plug-ins with the MyEclipse Configuration Center, please start a new topic. If you need more assistance with Subclipse please use the appropriate external forum, as Subclipse is not supported by us though we’ll help if we can.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Import existing maven project – where did it go?!

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in