MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mvellayan
Post subject: Debugging scripts doesn't work  PostPosted: Sep 23, 2011 - 11:00 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I am trying to run a BIRT/MyEclipse Report in the debugger to fix a JavaScript issue but I get the error message below. Has anyone seen this/solved this? I'm on MyEclipse 9.1, 32 bit version

Thanks.

Code:

SEVERE: Engine exception
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Failed to initialize emitter.
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.EmitterUtil.getOuputStream(EmitterUtil.java:80)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.html.HTMLReportEmitter.initialize(HTMLReportEmitter.java:350)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.initializeContentEmitter(EngineTask.java:2044)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:117)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:77)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.launcher.ReportLauncher.createReport(ReportLauncher.java:603)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.launcher.ReportLauncher.renderReport(ReportLauncher.java:550)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.launcher.ReportLauncher.run(ReportLauncher.java:457)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.launcher.ReportLauncher.main(ReportLauncher.java:106)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.ReportDebugger.start(ReportDebugger.java:39)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1383)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: \t2.rptdesign.html (Access is denied)
   at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
   at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
   at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.EmitterUtil.getOuputStream(EmitterUtil.java:75)
   ... 22 more
Sep 23, 2011 5:41:20 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.vm.ReportVMServer$1 run
WARNING: [Server] client disconnected

Reply with quote Back to top
support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 26, 2011 - 07:33 AM

mvellayan ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with MyEclipse. I am unable to replicate the issue at my end.

1) How did you install MyEclipse ? Is it through Pulse /All-In-One installer / Archived Update site ?

2) Are you working with a new MyEclipse Report or imported it from elsewhere ?

3) Can you please give us exact steps which you are following for me to be able to replicate the issue at my end ?

4) Also please take a look at this link for info on Javascript Debugging in MyEclipse Reports :
http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-370.html#reports

support-joy
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 26, 2011 - 08:07 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

mvellayan,

Adding to the above. Please verify if your file path is absolute or does not have write permission. I would recommend you take a look at this weblink - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5946798/exceptions-when-trying-to-debug-a-birt-report

mvellayan
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2011 - 10:44 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

The reference you cited seems to be the problem. However, I'm on a PC (Vista) so I can't do what he recommends.

Quote:

The reason for the exception is that the file path is absolute and tries to save a temporary file in / where it doesn't have write permission. A workaround for this is to simply create the file (/StandardOCE_PRS2_OperatorProductivity.rptdesign.html in your case. I assume you are on Linux) and make it writable by the user that runs Eclipse.

Again, when I try to debug a simple report (eg. t2.rptdesign), the debugger throws a FileNotFound Exception for "\t2.rptdesign.html". So the questions are
-- why is it looking for that file (which was never created) and why in the root directory?
-- where is this configuration?

Btw, I'm using Version: 9.1 (Build id: 9.1-20110701) -- 32 bit version just to get the javascript debugging working. This environment was created with the all-in-one installer

Thanks for your help.

Code:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: \t2.rptdesign.html (Access is denied)
   at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
   at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
   at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.EmitterUtil.getOuputStream(EmitterUtil.java:75)
   ... 22 more

support-tony
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 04, 2011 - 07:30 AM

mvellayan,

We can't reproduce the issue here.

Does the problem occur with other reports and can you run that t2 report normally or with Run->View Report? If you can reproduce it with a simple report using the Derby sample ClassicCars database then we might have a better chance of replicating the problem, if you can send us that report.

That file looks like a temporary file that's created to display the report, though I couldn't see where it was creating it in my tests, or even if it was creating it at all.

Jump to: