MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to General Development
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nitsko
Post subject: Syntax coloring of JSP Scripting elements  PostPosted: Oct 11, 2011 - 05:42 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Recently I switched from Eclipse to MyEclipse. So far so good, but there is a problem that is critical to be able to use my custom colors. I'm used to work with black background, and I was able to customize all kind of editors except for JSP Scripting elements. When I open Preferences -> My Eclipse -> Files and Editors -> JSP -> JSP Source -> Syntax Coloring -> Scripting Elements, the Foreground color customization is disabled. So if I change background color to black the text dissapears. Foreground color in General ->Editors ->Text Editors is set to white, background is set to black. Color settings work good for HTML and Javascript. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reply with quote Back to top
support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 12, 2011 - 04:04 AM

nitsko ,

To change the Foreground color go to Window > Preferences > General > Editors > Text Editor > Appearance color options > Foreground color. Uncheck the System Default and choose the color of your choice.

Let us know how this works for you.

nitsko
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 12, 2011 - 04:08 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thank you for the response. I've already resolved the issue. All settings were correct, and everything works good. I just was misled by preview window for JSP Source, since it keeps showing scripting elements in black color, even when it's set to white. After actually applying the settings on my source code I got exactly what I've expected to see - white text on black background

support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 13, 2011 - 05:53 AM

nitsko ,

Glad that it is working.
Do let us know if you have any issues.

Jump to: