facebook

Problem with creating a client for WS

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

msalman86

Hey,

I am trying to create a java project (client for a web service). I followed the instructions from here. But I when try to import WS from a URL it gives me following error:

The following errors occurred while running WsImport. Generation aborted.
      WSVR0615W: The user.install.root system property is not set. Some product classes might not be found.
      WSVR0027I: The product will expire in 30 days.
      parsing WSDL...
      generating code...
      [ERROR] generator error: com.sun.codemodel.internal.JClassAlreadyExistsException

The WS is not on local server, it is on our DIT environment. I am totally new to javax-ws; I have also tried to search for a solution but no luck.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me to resolve this, thanking in advance

#320436 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

msalman86,

Are you following the tutorial exactly, using only MyEclipse tools? At what point does the error occur? You say it’s when importing the WS; do you mean the WSDL? If you could supply a screenshot at the point of failure and the WSDL URL you are, it might help us track down the problem. If you can attach the WSDL, that may also help.

Also, which edition/version of MyEclipse are you using, what is your OS and what do you mean by DIT?

The last error might be caused by two classes having the same case insensitive name, differing only in capitalization. Does your WSDL contain that problem?

#320440 Reply

msalman86

Hey Tony,

Thank you for your reply.

@support-tony wrote:

Are you following the tutorial exactly, using only MyEclipse tools?

yes, I am following it exactly.

@support-tony wrote:

At what point does the error occur? You say it’s when importing the WS; do you mean the WSDL?

Yes, I meant WSDL, It occurs right at the beginning.

@support-tony wrote:

If you could supply a screenshot at the point of failure and the WSDL URL you are, it might help us track down the problem. If you can attach the WSDL, that may also help.

I’m attaching screen shot and WSDL. I can provide you the WDSL URL but I don’t think it is accessible outside of my work network. But you can give it a try: [url=http://10.3.243.146:9080/ECMSSws/ecmssSOAPService/WEB-INF/wsdl/EcmSharedServices.wsdl]WSDL URL[/code]

After entering URL and going to next step, it gives failed validation warning:

and then when I click on finish it right away gives this error:

Notice the progress bar, it says 18% done, not sure if that’s helpful.

@support-tony wrote:

Also, which edition/version of MyEclipse are you using, what is your OS and what do you mean by DIT?

I’m using MyEclipse blue 8.6 on Windows XP. DIT is our development environment.

@support-tony wrote:

The last error might be caused by two classes having the same case insensitive name, differing only in capitalization. Does your WSDL contain that problem?

No, that doesn’t seem the case.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #320478 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

msalman86,

I’m not sure why the validation didn’t work. Can you try running the wizard using the WSDL file, instead of the WSDL URL? When I tried it from the file, the validation found no errors.

As far as the JClassAlreadyExistsException, I did find two classes with the same file name, in your WSDL/XSD. The names have different case but are otherwise the same. This works on Linux, but not on Windows. The two classes are:

EcmssFault
    EcmSSFault

The former occurs from the wsdl.message element with the name “ecmssFault”, the latter occurs because of the name of the type of the fault, specified in the ECMSSFault.xsd file, which is “ecmSSFault”.

If you want the client to be generated on Windows, you’ll have to change one of the names. For example, I reproduced the exception with the files you attached and then changed the type of the fault to “ecmSSFaultType” (and changed the name of the complexType element to “ecmSSFaultType”, also); after that the code generation worked fine.

Let me know if this works for you.

#320548 Reply

msalman86

Tony, thank you for your quick support. I was able to resolve JClassAlreadyExistsException but validation warning is still there. As you suggested, I ran the wizard using WSDL file but that didn’t change the outcome for me.

Anyway, my main issue was JClassAlreadyExistsException and that’s resolved now so I can move on with rest of my task.

Once again, thank you!

#320559 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

msalman86,

Thanks for letting us know. It’s a shame that we couldn’t sort out the validation problem but I’m glad you can now get the client generated.

Let us know if you have any other problems.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Problem with creating a client for WS

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in