MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to General Development
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AlanKruegerVSI
Post subject: sequence diagram reverse engineering?  PostPosted: Sep 14, 2007 - 07:28 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I just upgraded my Standard to Professional to use the UML functionality in ME 6.0. I'm quite impressed so far with reverse-engineering class diagrams from Java.

One counterpart to this that seems to be missing, though, would be the ability to likewise produce sequence diagrams by reverse-engineering code. Is that something that has been considered at all for upcoming releases?

Reply with quote Back to top
support-nipun
Post subject: RE: sequence diagram reverse engineering?  PostPosted: Sep 14, 2007 - 08:34 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

We don't have such a thing planned at the moment but I'll note this down as a feature request. Thank you for this post.

AlanKruegerVSI
Post subject: RE: sequence diagram reverse engineering?  PostPosted: Sep 14, 2007 - 08:37 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I also note that the sequence diagram functionality in ME 6.0 doesn't appear to support UML 2.0 style conditional blocks. Could that be added as a feature request as well?

Is there a better place for me to submit feature requests as they come up?

support-nipun
Post subject: RE: sequence diagram reverse engineering?  PostPosted: Sep 17, 2007 - 03:22 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

You can post your request on the Feature Request forum. That way other users can vote in favour of this request as well.

davidedson@bigpond.com
Post subject: RE: sequence diagram reverse engineering?  PostPosted: May 01, 2008 - 02:13 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I would like to ask a further question, how do you select the "method" from the target "class" when creating a "message" interaction in a sequence diagram ?

davidedson@bigpond.com
Post subject: RE: sequence diagram reverse engineering?  PostPosted: May 02, 2008 - 04:58 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

please let me know if you are scheduling this in the roadmap, the ability to select a method on the target class as the message name.

support-nipun
Post subject: RE: sequence diagram reverse engineering?  PostPosted: May 02, 2008 - 06:49 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

deelip
Post subject: sequence diagrams by reverse-engineering ?  PostPosted: Nov 08, 2011 - 12:02 AM

I am using myeclipse 10 for with reverse-engineering class diagrams from Java. But I not saw reverse-engineering for sequence diagrams.
One counterpart to this that seems to be missing, though, would be the ability to likewise produce sequence diagrams by reverse-engineering code. Is that something that has been considered at all for upcoming releases?

support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 08, 2011 - 04:58 AM

deelip ,

I could not replicate the issue with MyEclipse 10.
Are you looking at the context menu of the package or for the java class ?
You have to right click on the java class to get the option to generate sequence diagram.
Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

Let us know if you still see the issue.

deelip
Post subject: sequence diagrams by reverse-engineering ?  PostPosted: Nov 09, 2011 - 12:30 AM

Thanks for replay. I am able to get sequence diagram for reverse engineering.

I not got any option which gives export as PDF, I think it has only PNG and JPEG. Is that something that has been considered at all for upcoming releases?

support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 09, 2011 - 05:13 AM

deelip ,

Glad that you got it working.
Currently we only support PNG and JPEG formats. As of now there is no plan to include PDF in the upcoming releases. I will however escalate this request to the dev team.

Do let us know if you have any other issues.

Jump to: