MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sergiocg80
Post subject: one to one detection  PostPosted: Dec 22, 2011 - 01:54 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Hi,

I'm trying to map a one to one database relation using myeclipse JPA generation tool. I have two tables, User and Manufacturer, and each one has it's own primary key. User has a column id_manufacturer, which has a UNIQUE foreign key to the PK of Manufacturer, and may be null.

MyEclipse does generate the correct mappings, but each entity shows the following error: <In attribute 'manufacturer', the "mapped by" attribute 'user' also maps this attribute. Every relationship must have an owner.> And viceversa.

What am I doing wrong? I read that I can make a one-to-one relationship just adding a FK between primary keys of the two tables. I can' t do this in my scenario because the FK is nullable.

Reply with quote Back to top
support-joy
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 26, 2011 - 09:17 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

sergiocg80,

Please provide below details to help me investigate further -
1. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details and copy and paste the same here
2. Attach screenshot of the issue to help me get a visual
3. Clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate issue and attach file here
4. Could you send the schema for tables - User and Manufacturer?

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: