MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to Feature Requests
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
asavidge
Post subject: Support for Web Service deployment descriptors for WebSphere  PostPosted: Dec 22, 2011 - 06:55 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

If we are paying for the MyEclipse Blue edition, where is the "Blue" part of the Web Service support? I was hoping that the WebSphere deployment descriptors would be created by wizards for things like ws-security, etc. Please add this as a feature

Reply with quote Back to top
support-joy
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 26, 2011 - 09:12 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

asavidge,

Thank you for posting feature request. I shall escalate your request to our dev team members.

Support-Brian
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 27, 2011 - 08:51 AM

asavidge,

When generating WS featuers in Blue we actually use the generation tools that are part of your WAS installation; you will notice a JAX-RPC option that is not usually available. I do agree that support for WS-Security is outstanding and we have it on our radar now. Is there anything else you find lacking in this area?

asavidge
Post subject: Thank you  PostPosted: Dec 27, 2011 - 05:43 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Thank you for adding as a feature to the product. In addition to deployment descriptors for WS-Security, I would like to see tutorials that cover using all 3 features of WS-Security together or separately ( authentication, non-repudiation, and encryption). In addition to that if you could support the websphere extensions for Policy Sets, that would be helpful.

asavidge
Post subject: Policy Sets  PostPosted: Dec 27, 2011 - 07:15 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I should have said, in order for this to truly be a 'blue version', you would have to support the IBM extensions to WS-Security, which include the idea of Policy Sets. In order to create a custom policy set (policy sets that don't come OOTB with WebSphere - say XML Encryption only,) you have to do it in WebSphere and export, then import into your IDE.

Jump to: