MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to General Development
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MarkReid
Post subject: JPA Tutorial out of date  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2012 - 10:28 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I'm trying to follow the JSF tutorial, which requires completion of the first five items in the JPA tutorial.
When I get to 'Adding JPA Capabilities' it says to 'switch back to the MyEclipse Perspective, then right-click on the project and go down to the MyEclipse sub menu. From there, select Add JPA Capabilities...: '. However, Add JPA Capabilities... is not an option from that menu in MyEclipse Blue 10 (see attached image).

Reply with quote Back to top
support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2012 - 11:25 AM

MarkReid ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I could not replicate the issue at my end. The tutorials are based on previous versions of MyEclipse but you should still be able to see the "Add JPA capabilities" in the context menu.

1) Go to Help > MyEclipse Configuration Center > Dashboard and check if the option "Hibernate/JPA support for MyEclipse " is installed or not. If not then please check it and follow the wizard to install it.

2) Can you create a new web project and check if you see the "Add JPA capabilities" in the MyEclipse context menu?

Let us know how it works for you.

MarkReid
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2012 - 11:46 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I was missing the Hibernate/JPA support in the Dashboard, so I've installed tht option and the 'Add JPA capabilities..' option is now visible within my project.

Thanks for your help.

support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 02, 2012 - 07:00 AM

MarkReid ,

Glad that it is working.
Do let us know if you have any issues.

Jump to: