MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to General Development
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pal_user
Post subject: Can't download plug-ins from behind authenticated proxy  PostPosted: Feb 17, 2012 - 01:45 PM

I have the proxy setup correctly in Window -> Preferences -> General -> Network Connections. The rest of eclipse picks up this proxy and works. However the MyEclipse Configuration Center does not. And I am unable to connect to any update sites. I can do this when I am outside the corporate network.

I am licensed user of MyEclipse Professional Edition.

Reply with quote Back to top
support-joy
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2012 - 05:21 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

pal_user,

1) Please be sure that your proxy settings are configured properly in the MyEclipse preferences under General > Network Connections
2) Test the proxy by opening a browser inside MyEclipse (Window > Show View > Web Browser). It should navigate to the MyEclipse website (http://www.myeclipseide.com). Can you open the MyEclipse website? What about Google or some other external site you know your proxy allows access to? This will tell us if the proxy is configured correctly and just not allowing access to the MyEclipse site or if the proxy is configured incorrectly.
3) If you can get to other external sites but not MyEclipse you'll need to work with your network administrators to allow accesses to the following sites through the proxy:
*.myeclipseide.com, *.poweredbypulse.com, *.genuitec.com

If this does not resolve the issue, please send an email to support@myeclipseide.com with above details, include the post weblink for quick tracing. Add tracert to myeclipseide.com. Open www.whatismyip.com and include your IP in email. Please be sure to include both your subscriber id and subscription code so we can assist further.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: