MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TechnologySenseGary
Post subject: WASCE server startup ignores -Xmx1024m parameter in JVM arg  PostPosted: Jun 01, 2012 - 07:57 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Using MyEclipse 8.5 and starting (debug) on WASCE server. Within the JVM arguments in the WASCE launch panel, I specify -Xmx1024m for the application. This seems to have no effect, because WASCE starts wtih 256m and then runs out of memory for the application.

When I start WASCE outside of MyEclipse at the Windows DOS command line (that uses the 'setenv.bat' where I set the above parameter), the JVM memory is set correctly.

What am I mssing? Is this the correct way to set the JVM memory in the WASCE launch?

Reply with quote Back to top
Support-Brian
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 04, 2012 - 05:24 PM

Gary,

We're looking into the problem right now. In the meanwhile, you could try creating a launch configuration for the server (there should be a button on the server configuration page) and specify the VM arguments there.

TechnologySenseGary
Post subject: Using Launch Configuration  PostPosted: Jun 04, 2012 - 07:18 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get this to work by using the launch configuration. It makes it a bit confusing because then when you start the WASCE servlet it gives you two lines to choose from. And for others that use this post, remember that the -Xmx1024m (or whatever memory size you choose) must go on the first line of the parameters. It is easy to see what memory the inbvoked WASCE instance is using by going into the console and choosing "Information".

Please post back here when you have determined why the JVM parameters from MyEclipse do not propogate the the actual WASCE startup. Until then, we can live with having to use the Launch Configuration.

Jump to: