facebook

Why does MyEclipse Deprecated code?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mork
    Participant

In MyEclipse for Spring (10.6), I added Hibernate 4 capabilities and chose to create the SessionFactory.

Yet, I already had a “Java Problem”, since MyEclipse generated code that was deprecated.

sessionFactory = configuration.buildSessionFactory();

—–

The “Quick Fix” doesn’t add any help other than to, gulp, “ignore” the problem.

Why isn’t MyEcipse generating current, non-deprecated code, and what should I do about this problem? If I have to refactor the generated code, why am I generating it in the first place?

Please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,

— n

#331252 Reply

support-swapna

Mork,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. This is a known issue and the fix will be part of our upcoming release 10.7 which will be released in two weeks.

Till the time 10.7 is out, please replace the deprecated code with :

sessionFactory = configuration.buildSessionFactory(serviceRegistry);

Take a look at the attached HibernateSessionFactory.java for an idea about what code will be generated in 10.7.

Let us know if you see any issues.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #331253 Reply

Mork
    Participant

@support-swapna wrote:

Mork,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. This is a known issue and the fix will be part of our upcoming release 10.7 which will be released in two weeks.

Till the time 10.7 is out, please replace the deprecated code with :

sessionFactory = configuration.buildSessionFactory(serviceRegistry);

Take a look at the attached HibernateSessionFactory.java for an idea about what code will be generated in 10.7.

Let us know if you see any issues.

Thanks very much for your kind reply!

Appreciate your help.

– m

#332668 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Mork,

This issue has now been fixed in release 10.7. You can use the Configuration Center to update base MyEclipse features to 10.7. Unfortunately, the MyEclipse for Spring stand-alone installer won’t be available from our download page for a few weeks but the update from the Configuration Center should provide the fix.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Why does MyEclipse Deprecated code?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in