MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MarcioLima
Post subject: Hubernate syncronization  PostPosted: Dec 14, 2004 - 02:06 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Is that possible to syncronize a DB table with a hibernate class already created? I have a class and i need to include one more column to it so i have to update the POJO class and the hbm file. There are any function to automate this task for me?

Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
support-rkalla
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 14, 2004 - 04:43 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

If you generate Hibernate classes from your database in MyEclipse, it will generate base Abstract classes for you that will be overwritten each time and concrete implementation classes that you can add any custom code to. If you were to synchronize now, your POJO would most likely be replaced by generated classes from MyEclipse that you could then build on, safely regenerating when any changes came along as long as you put your custom code in the concrete impl class and not the base abstract class. We don't currently support partially synchronizing existing classes or the like.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: