facebook

Inflexible project directory structure [Enhancement]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dave Johnson

According to the MyEclipse documentation, MyEclipse wants my project to house all JSP files inside a directory structure that is laid out exactly like an exploded WAR file.

Problem is, my project is not organized like that. In my project I have a ‘web’ directory where JSP, HTML, and CSS files live but my web directory is not a complete WAR directory structure. I only stage a complete WAR directory structure at build time.

I tried telling the MyEclipse WebProject Configuration tool that my ‘web’ directory is my web root, but then it flagged all of the files in my stage directory as “not in base path” errors.

So, I tried telling MyEclipse that my staging area as my web root and then it flagged all of the files in my ‘web’ directory with “not in base path” errors. What do these errors mean?

#199592 Reply

Dave Johnson

I didn’t follow the bug report protocol, here is my env. info:

What operating system and version are you running?: WINXP

What Eclipse version and build id are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform): 2.1.1 (200306271545)

– Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse?: NO

– If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager? YES

– Are any other external plugins installed?: Only Sysdeo’s Tomcat launcher and Solare JSP editor

– How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.*: 7

What MyEclipse version are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform > Features): 2.6.3 ( 200310201200)

What JDK version are you using to run Eclipse? (java -version): 1.4.2-b28

What JDK version are you using to launch your application server?: N/A

What steps did you take that resulted in the issue? see initial post

What application server are you using? N/A

#199602 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

We understand this problem completely and our development team is currently relaxing the exploded WAR file structure requirement. It is targeted for release next month. MyEclipse is only 3 months old and we had to start somewhere to get on the playing field. Thanks for your feedback.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Inflexible project directory structure [Enhancement]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in