MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Reiner15
22 Post subject: Direct access not allowed when downloading  PostPosted: Jul 23, 2005 - 12:16 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

:( When I try to download the EclipseIde 4 M2 I get the error message "Direct access not allowed..." together with the suggestion I should go to the downloads via the portal. But thatīs exactly where I came from. And the login is correct, I see my username on the top left.

So: I am logged in, came from the portal and the subscription should be valid until september but I cant download. What is the problem?

(I have searched for related postings and found some regarding login and cookies, but that seems to be irrelevant. I have tried with IE 6 and Firefox 1.06, cookies enabled (IE doesnt show warning logo))

Please help me!

Reply with quote Back to top
support-greg
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 23, 2005 - 06:38 AM

Do you have any other software that might be inbetween your browser and our server? Like a proxy server or Norton Internet Security manager?

support-scott
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 23, 2005 - 07:07 PM

You'll need to set your internet security program to allow the referrer field to be seen, at least temporarily, to access the download area.

Inovis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 15, 2005 - 10:37 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Yeah, this is crap. Great idea, let's antagonize the customer!

No matter what I do I can't download the new release. Exactly how do I enable IE to correctly forward the referrer? Not running through a proxy, nor am I running any type of security software (spam, virus, or spyware).

support-scott
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 15, 2005 - 11:06 PM

The settings aren't intended to antagonize. Are you set to accept cookies, as these are needed to track your login. Are you coming through our download page here?:
http://www.myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-10.html

If so when are you seeing this message; at what step? If you can email in your IP address to support@myeclipseide.com I can have a look at the log files and see specifically what the issue is.

Jump to: