MyEclipse Forums
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jasper.floor
Post subject: MyEclipse jre/jdk is wrong!  PostPosted: Dec 16, 2008 - 03:05 PM

I normally work in a Debian environment, but I am working with vista for the next two weeks. I used the MyEclipse all in one installer. This also installs a jdk. Now even though I have set my projects to use jdk 1.6, somewhere MyEclipse is secretly using its own jdk giving me class version errors in ant tasks.

this problem does not occur if I manually install Eclipse and then do an autoupdate.

I cannot simply delete the packaged jre from myeclipse, but I don't know how to tell it to never ever use it for anything at all ever no matter what. If I could then deleting it wouldn't be a problem.

I would greatly prefer MyEclipse to let me choose my JDK thank you very much. There should never be a need to package a jdk, and certainly not an outdated one.

Reply with quote Back to top
support-nipun
Post subject: RE: MyEclipse jre/jdk is wrong!  PostPosted: Dec 16, 2008 - 04:07 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

You can go to Windows > Preferences > Java > Installed JRE and add your JDK there and make it the default JDK.

Incase you want to run MyEclipse with a different JRE, you have to make the change in the eclipse.ini file. Point the -vm argument to the new JRE.

jasper.floor
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 16, 2008 - 10:58 PM

Chaning the JDK in eclipse doesn't work. I need to run a different jdk. In linux I just link a jre dir to the jdk I want.

I couldn't find the eclipse.ini file or I would've tried that. I have found it now so that should solve the problem. Vista really tries to keep you from getting to that information. To be honest I also have very little patience with Vista's idiosyncracies. Which shouldn't be your problem.

Thank you for your answer.

support-nipun
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2008 - 02:57 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Quote:

Thank you for your answer.

Your welcome.

Jump to: